05 June 2010

You are beautiful

Last night I went to a Luau themed party. As I was getting ready to go, and looking might cute I might add, I couldn't help but think of my self-confidence.

As moms we have quirks with our body's that we did not have before we were moms. Our once perky breasts may resemble more of a deflated punching ball after breastfeeding our children. The tummy that we used to strut around in our bikini has become the victim of stretch marks and scars that is neatly hidden behind a tankini. Oh yes, and the showers that we used to be allowed to take for an hour indulging ourselves in exfoliating, shaving, and cleaning has now been narrowed down to the bare necessity of the day....usually depending on if we're going to sleep in shorts or not that night! All in good humor, our bodies have taken a beating for our children. Naturally our confidence will sag...along with some other things!

Take time today to accentuate the good things. I feel I have a very attractive shoulder and upper chest area. I accentuate this with halters and necklaces. If you have awesome calves, bring attention to those with bermuda shorts or a length of skirt that accentuates the calf.

Take time to paint your toenails, buy a quick drying polish so you don't have to wait for it to dry. Find a hairstyle that is attractive on you and is easily styled.

As silly as it may sound and feel, tell yourself in the mirror each morning "I am beautiful, I am loved, I am sexy, and I am one hot mama!" then go confidently about your day!!

XOXO,
Rebecca

No comments: