31 May 2010

Product Reviews For Summer Beauty

Sara here and Happy Memorial Day to you all!

It's summer!  We've established that and I'd like to tell you about a few cheap finds I got recently to make my summer a little prettier!  Let me just remind you, for a long time, I was a die hard "expensive beauty products only" kind of gal.  But I'm a mama on a budget now and after a few trials and errors, I've found a few things I love this summer that I really want to share with  you all.

-First up ELF cosmetics.  Of all places, you'd never expect to find these little gems, I found them at our grocery store. And every single one is a dollar!  Now at that price, I could afford to replace a few things like some sad makeup bushes, some lip balm that was tinted peach, and especially a cuticle oil pen!  I spent $6 and got 6 things that usually cost way, way, way more.  The makeup brushes, while made of synthetic fibers are soft, blend easily, and look to be very durable.

-Walmart brand Equate Healthy Glow Firming gradual tan lotion used to be such.a.nightmare. It smelled awful, it was splotchy in application and was a general overall waste of time.  However, after sniffing a tube of the "new improved formula, I gave it another try.  I had a coupon too so I got it for about $3.50!  It's normally $4.67 I believe.  They've really improved and minimized the scent, and the new formula seems to really be much easier to use.  I read an article on better application of self tanners, so I will share that with you soon, but honestly the only places I had any splotches were on some dry and rough skin on my feet and hands (which should be expected).  It washed off of my hands very nicely and the scent was very light,  clean, and endurable.

-I've recently started to get into Garnier Fructisse hair styling products and one that's especially good for the summer is their new "Instant Color Sealer Lightweight Leave In".  It's got Acai Berry and Grapeseed oil, so the scent is very nice and overall it is MUCH lighter weight than a lot of serums and leave ins.  I've come to use it every day, whether I'm outside long or not.  At $3.33, it was well worth the money.  My hair color is looking good and my hair is soft and manageable.

-Nails, nails, nails.  Nails are so important to me.  I used to just gnaw them down to bloody stubs but NO MORE.  I made a commitment to stop biting, and keep my nails at a short and filed easy length to manage.  I'm a big fan of nail strengtheners but I've become an even BIGGER fan of three nail polishes I want to tell you about!

-So remember when we were all younger and Wet-n-Wild was pretty darned awful stuff? Gloppy, sloppy, cheapo but we all used it anyhow?  Well it seems someone got the message it was time for a revamp and behold their Megalast Nail colors!!  I have one in "candy-licious Pink" (don't judge- it's pretty) and it lasted the entire week.  But I do believe it had a little help from my Sally Hansen "Hard As Nails" top coat which is also quick drying.  I love the quick dry formula and it really keeps my nails from being bendy and brittle as they can be.  Last but not least, I did splurge on some new nail colors for Mother's Day.  One of them was Essie's "Lilacism" which at first I really wasn't sure about because it's more towards the blue end of lilac or lavender but the more I wear it, the more I go for it's unconventional neutral appeal.  Do check it out, you may be surprised.  As I work on my tan (I know, I know) it seems to look better and better.

Alright, Happy Memorial Day!  We had a picnic and spent some time at the park before I had deep fun mowing our lawn and our neighbors.  It's naptime now but tonight I will be treating myself to a lavender scented bubble bath and hope you all do something nice for yourself this week too. 

Much love!

Sara Rose
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: