03 April 2010

Meet Rebecca!

 (Jessica Alba & Victoria Beckham are Hot Mamas I admire!)

I remember growing up seeing various moms come and go from school and sporting events.  As an almost thirty year old stay at home mom of two sons, I see the same women, but in my own social circles.

-There are the moms that are obviously fashionably fit.  They go to the gym while their kids are at school, wearing the name brand workout clothes with matching gear, and hair in the cutest peppy pony tail.

-Moms that drop their kids off wearing the newest blouse that Banana Republic has come out with, skinny jeans, and stilettos or cute flats.

-Then you have the moms that are somewhere in between - jeans, tennis shoes, and a t-shirts.

-And finally, you have the moms that look like they just rolled out of bed and took their kids to school in their pajamas.

Growing up I focused on the first two moms.  The ones who looked like they had it all together, kids didn't change them, just made them better.  As an adult I still look at those moms with total admiration and question if they have a nanny, personal stylist, or if they just take time for themselves?  I'm finding myself precariously close to the edge of the last mom...the one who looks as if they just don't care. This is not something that happened with planning. But rather, it happened over a period of time.

It came to my attention last night as I changed from one set of workout clothes to a different set to go out and justified it by saying the workout pants (which are actually scrub pants) were black so they were dressy.  This made me panic when I realized what has happened to me.  I quickly contacted two of my girlfriends and they are helping me get back to the cute fashion forward mom I really am under the look of laziness and not caring.

More soon!

xoxo-
Rebecca
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: