24 May 2010

Beyond Tanks, Tees, and Shorts

It's hot...I've already established that it is hot right now. The easiest thing to do is slip on a tank top, shorts, and flip flops. The most easiest thing to do is to where the same outfit five days a week over my bathing suit. This is why I am not only contributing to "Mamas Fashion Rehab", but I am also a recovering blah junkie.

Each day I have to make a personal and willful decision to not put on the gray bermuda shorts and plum tank top that I have been wearing faithfully for the past four months. I have to look at my closet as frugally kept as it is and have to decide what will keep me cool, comfortable, and most of all cute. Right now I am absolutely in love with Old Navy Cabana Dresses. Airy, bright, and comfy....looks good over my swimsuit or a tank and flip flops scream "I am a beach bum!" It's ease and fashionista in one. I can wear it in the morning, to the pool or beach, to lunch, to Happy Hour at Sonic, and finally out at night if I want to.

Another must have for me is halters from Banana Republic. I love my shoulders and chest area (ladies, forget about the body parts that you are insecure about and focus on the ones that make you feel good about yourself and flaunt it), the halter is perfect fit and it accentuates the body parts I love most. That paired with a summer skirt or shorts and of course flip flops can be worn night to day and is super comfortable.

Remember, even though it is bathing suit season, it doesn't mean you can only look cute in a bathing suit. Look cute each day, do something that will make you feel good about being you. As a wife, mother, homeschool educator, and all that being a stay at home mom and wife encompasses, I try to make an effort each day to do something for me that reminds me I am a lady and I deserve to feel beautiful.

Take time today for you, because you deserve it.

XOXO - in summertime bliss,
Rebecca

No comments: