23 May 2010

Summer Time Hair and Makeup

I live in the deep south, seriously, I'm less than ten miles from the end of the United States. Today it was 95 degrees and it felt more like 115 degrees to me. I am forgoing most make up for the season and my hair, well, it is growing out and I have some cute highlights in it for the summer.

I spend my days during the summer time between the pool and the beach. I love being in the water, the salt water is amazing to my curly hair and I love the way it feels post-beach day. The chlorine in the pool, surprisingly, doesn't effect my hair except for the drying out part. My hair is naturally curly, so post-beach or pool the easiest thing to do is put a little curl gel in it and bobby pin the sides back. On days where I want to feel sexy, I straighten my hair. My hair is to my shoulders now (yay!), but my bangs arent quite below my ears. I am getting kind of tired of bobby-pinning the bangs back, but what's a girl to do?

Now, let's talk about summer time make-up! I am in love with Clinique's Copper Penny eyeshadow, I line my eyes with Avon's Emerald eyeliner over the copper penny eye shadow and put on some mascara, I am good to go! I love the way the combination makes my green eyes pop and how it makes me feel so pretty. For days I don't want to hassle with too much make up, I generally put some cover girl waterproof mascara on and some Avon Cheekers to make my tan cheeks a little pink.

I find it easy in the summer time to forget about doing anything to my hair. Moment of horror this week was when I realized I didn't wash my hair for six days!! It was very gross to think about....I must take time for myself even during the summer time.

So,all you mamas out there who need some summer time help as you go out for fun in the sun....keep it minimal, but keep it pretty.

Remember, you are a mommy, but you're a lady first.

XOXO,
Rebecca

No comments: